The current economic environment has created a myriad of challenges for the financial services industry on many fronts such as increased regulation, complex global operations, security and privacy risks, and capital requirements. All of these challenges to some degree are interconnected, and critical to restoring the health and return to sustainable growth. The industry is in a period of strategic transformation, and must act upon many issues simultaneously in their recovery from the crisis of the past five years. Certain issues have resulted in a decline in credit quality and adversely impacted many financial institutions’ liquidity and capital levels, leading to a variety of regulatory enforcement actions and a wide range of litigation.
Most notably as a result of the Dodd-Frank Act, European regulatory reform initiatives and increased focus on Basel capital requirements, Global Alliance Law Group can help clients maneuver an ever changing regulatory environment. Global Alliance Law Group is uniquely situated to represent clients before financial regulators because of our experiences and relationships not only with the respective regulatory agencies, but also due to our deep involvement on behalf of numerous clients in the crafting of the underlying statutory language during the legislative process.
We provide strategic counsel to the financial services sector across a broad spectrum of businesses:
- Banking: retail and commercial and diversified financial institutions and middle market banks
- Insurance: property and casualty, life and annuity, reinsurance firms, and financial guaranty insurers
- Capital markets: investment banks, brokers/dealers, asset management firms, private equity, mezzanine and hedge funds
- Real estate: real estate investment trusts (REITs), sovereign funds
Our goal is to be at the heart of the changes taking place across the global financial services industry, and make a difference to our client’s business results and to the industry as a whole. With over 80 attorneys dedicated to the industry, our focus is on solving the issues most important to our clients in the most efficient, cost-effective ways possible.
As such, we have an extensive background in matters relating to:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Fund formation and investment structures
- Regulation and taxation of financial products
- Bankruptcy and restructuring
- Litigation and government investigations
- Public policy and lobbying
- Initial and secondary public offerings
We’ll remain an invaluable ally for clients in the financial services industry, whether the markets are healthy or in turmoil. Our depth of experience over the last 6 years is particularly valuable to clients affected by the economic crisis and resulting government intervention. Managing the risk of public policy in any business decision or transaction has now become as essential as managing any other business risk or exposure. Let us help you reach your goals!